Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Unforgivable Ads

I heard all the uproar over P. Diddy's ads for his latest fragrance Unforgivable and assumed the ads were going to be gross and extremely appalling. I believe the ads did deliver those emotions but it failed to really sell the fragrance. All the glamorization of sex and infidelity failed to highlight the fragrance. Though this is true I don't believe it will hinder consumers from going and purchasing the fragrance. The attention the ad received from the uproar and upset has not stopped some channels from playing the ads. I have seen the ads on several different stations recently. The oversexualization of this country is appalling, and I believe that creative minds are stifled if they believe the only avenue to sell a product to today's consumer is through sex. I will not buy the fragrance for a loved one, but I know many others would.

1 comment:

Elizabeth and Dana said...

The advertising industry definitely relies to much on the idea that "sex sells." They need to find new and more creative ways to advertising products then using sex all the time.

Dana